H. Bambang Soesatyo, S.E., M.BA.
House of Representatives of Republic of Indonesia
( Indonesia )
Neo Peng Fu, Ph.D
Nanyang Technological University
( Singapore )
Prof. Wu Jungqi
Central China Normal University
( P.R.China )
Lourdes T. Nepomuceno, Ph.D
The University of Philippines
( Philippines )
Nadi Suprapto, Ph.D
Universitas Negeri Surabaya
( Indonesia )
Along with the development of culture and civilization that always undergo changes, it is a high time to extract the thoughts to get enlightenment of the intersection between science, technology, knowledge, culture, and humanities. This is the result of interdisciplinary knit among different fields in life and science that cause human beings to interact with each other in their respective mode, channel, and media to create a discourse.
The increasingly complex life of civilization requires practical and pragmatic skills to win the battle of discourse in order to be recognized and to be trusted as mainstream culture. Science is a source of inspiration and aspiration in carrying out the mission of civilization, since it provides a concrete framework of action, a milestone of human history. Technology, which was developed later than science, aligns science and its application in life. Education, then, becomes a key role to the successful integration of science and technology in seeking of and developing on how an action in life is framed and discussed. It is supposed to be taken into consideration in order to pave the concrete steps in culture and society.
Likewise, art is the fruit of the sense and the thought that underpins the beauty and the meaning of life. In the one hand, culture is a concrete platform which underlies science and technology. It is of course developed under the support of art, which then embodies itself into a package of tools to make people more civilized and cultured. While on the other hand, human beings could find their being whenever they are able to accommodate those different sides into a harmonious strive of the works of science, technology, education, arts, culture and humanity. Thus, what human needs in life is the work of science, technology, education, arts, culture, and his/her humanity sense.
Universitas Negeri Surabaya (Unesa) was formerly known as Surabaya Institute of Teacher Training (IKIP Surabaya). IKIP Surabaya produced teachers, and thus Unesa is now also cultivating teachers for the empowerment of society’s development. Hence, Unesa is now acknowledged as a comprehensive university. The university cultivates both educational study programs and pure science based study programs. The Graduate School of Universitas Negeri Surabaya (Pascasarjana Unesa) is an educational higher education which takes care of master degrees (Master of Education) and doctoral degrees (Ph.D) in education. Its mission is to cultivate the scientists in educational fields to fulfill the requirements of the world of education nationally and internationally. The Graduate School of Unesa thus interprets the thoughts above and manifests the insights into a fruitful discussion which bridges the development of the above six (6) proposed issues in an International Education Conference on Science, Technology, Education, Arts, Culture, and Humanity (STEACH) 2018. The topic of the conference is “Interdisciplinary Challenges of Humanity Education in Digital Era”.
|1||Abstract Submission Deadline||September 3, 2018
|2||Abstract Acceptance Notification||September 17, 2018
|3||Full Paper Submission Deadline||October 20, 2018|
|4||Early Bird Payment||September 19-October 10, 2018|
|5||Regular Payment||October 11-22, 2018|
|6||Conference Date||October 29, 2018|
|6||Notification of Selected Papers|
(This informs the writers whether their papers are selected to be published in international indexed proceeding, Nasional Journals, or ISBN Proceeding)
|November 15, 2018|
Call for Papers
There are six strands which are going to be encompassed in the above topic conference. They are:
- Science for education: natural science education, mathematics education, mathematics for education, physical education, chemistry education, biology for education, biochemistry education, sport science education, etc.
- Technology for education: all related topics which support educational dimensions such as: computer for education, bio-technology in education, techno-preneurship education, etc.
- Educational science: all related topics which have close relationship to educational world such as: vocational education, special education, educational technology, early childhood education, educational management, non-formal education, teaching methodology, etc.
- Arts for education: all topics which contribute to the development of arts for education such as: liberal arts education, graphic design in educational world, multimedia and education, etc.
- Cultural education: all topics which have relationship with culture and education such as: cultural awareness, popular culture and its contribution to educational world, gender based education, anthropology and education, political education, etc.
- Humanities and education: all related topics of humanity and education which include, but not limited to: language and culture for education, language maintenance education, literary teaching and methology,
Selected papers are proposed to be published in indexed proceeding by Atlantis Press Publisher
Jl. Basuki Rahmat No.67 – 73, Embong Kaliasin, Genteng, Kota Surabaya, Jawa Timur 60271
Telepon: (031) 5351555