Along with the development of culture and civilization that always undergo changes, it is a high time to extract the thoughts to get enlightenment of the intersection between science, technology, knowledge, culture, and humanities. This is the result of interdisciplinary knit among different fields in life and science that cause human beings to interact with each other in their respective mode, channel, and media to create a discourse.
The increasingly complex life of civilization requires practical and pragmatic skills to win the battle of discourse in order to be recognized and to be trusted as mainstream culture. Science is a source of inspiration and aspiration in carrying out the mission of civilization, since it provides a concrete framework of action, a milestone of human history. Technology, which was developed later than science, aligns science and its application in life. Education, then, becomes a key role to the successful integration of science and technology in seeking of and developing on how an action in life is framed and discussed. It is supposed to be taken into consideration in order to pave the concrete steps in culture and society.
Likewise, art is the fruit of the sense and the thought that underpins the beauty and the meaning of life. In the one hand, culture is a concrete platform which underlies science and technology. It is of course developed under the support of art, which then embodies itself into a package of tools to make people more civilized and cultured. While on the other hand, human beings could find their being whenever they are able to accommodate those different sides into a harmonious strive of the works of science, technology, education, arts, culture and humanity. Thus, what human needs in life is the work of science, technology, education, arts, culture, and his/her humanity sense.
Universitas Negeri Surabaya (Unesa) was formerly known as Surabaya Institute of Teacher Training (IKIP Surabaya). IKIP Surabaya produced teachers, and thus Unesa is now also cultivating teachers for the empowerment of society’s development. Hence, Unesa is now acknowledged as a comprehensive university. The university cultivates both educational study programs and pure science based study programs. The Graduate School of Universitas Negeri Surabaya (Pascasarjana Unesa) is an educational higher education which takes care of master degrees (Master of Education) and doctoral degrees (Ph.D) in education. Its mission is to cultivate the scientists in educational fields to fulfill the requirements of the world of education nationally and internationally. The Graduate School of Unesa thus interprets the thoughts above and manifests the insights into a fruitful discussion which bridges the development of the above six (6) proposed issues in an International Education Conference on Science, Technology, Education, Arts, Culture, and Humanity (STEACH) 2018. The topic of the conference is “Interdisciplinary Challenges of Humanity Education in Digital Era”.
“Interdisciplinary Challenges for Humanity Education in Digital Era”
There are six strands which are going to be encompassed in the above topic conference. They will then be interpreted into some following strands:
- The first strand is encompassing science for education which include, but not limited to, natural science education, mathematics education, mathematics for education, physical education, chemistry education, biology for education, biochemistry education, sport science education, etc.
- The second strand is on technology for education which discuss all related topics which support educational dimensions, but not limited to, such as: computer for education, media in education, flipped classroom technology, bio-technology in education, techno-preneurship education, etc.
- The third strand will mainly focus on educational science. This strand will discuss all related topics which have close relationship to educational world, but not limited to, such as: vocational education, special education, educational technology, early childhood education, educational management, non-formal education, teaching methodology, etc.
- The fourth strand is about arts for education. This strand will discuss all topics which contribute to the development of arts for education such as: liberal arts education, graphic design in educational world, multimedia and education, etc.
- The fifth strand is about cultural education. This strand will talk about all topics which have relationship with culture and education such as: cultural awareness, popular culture and its contribution to educational world, gender based education, anthropology and education, political education, etc.
- The sixth strand is on humanities and education: all related topics of humanity and education which include, but not limited to: language and culture for education, language maintenance education, literary teaching and methodology, philosophical education, linguistics for education, multicultural education, sexuality and gender in education, etc.
abstract must be written in English and should be submitted prior to
7 30 September, 2018. Abstract should consist of the following: aim of study, method used, result, and implication. Then, the submitted abstract will be reviewed by Programme Committee based on applicability to the seminar theme and readabilty. An email notification of the acceptance of the abstract will be sent by 17 September 7 October 2018.
Full Papers should be submitted via OCS web of STEACH. Click this link to go to OCS.
Abstract submission via email will be rejected.
Each full paper must be written in English and 6 pages in length. Full paper must be submitted before October 17, 2018. Late full paper submission will not be considered. Format of full paper can be found in the following:
Full Papers should be uploaded via steach ocs using previous accepted abstract ID
Full paper submission via email will be rejected.